Joys Sprinkled Throughout the Days
Searching for His joys throughout the day changes my perspective. I begin to see the blessings in my life and how the Lord is working. Joy refocuses my attention on the beauty the Lord is giving me for the ashes of broken dreams, anxiety, and fear. In these past two weeks, the Lord has poured out blessings in unexpected places. Everywhere, I’ve seen His hand from celebrating a birthday with a dear friend to a class trip to the “Gen and Mineral Show.”
786) buds on the orange tree that was petrified by frost last year; the promise of fruit in the fall
787) no buds on the lemon tree; another year to wait as the Lord makes all things beautiful in His time
788) my student teaching another student how to make math arrays using brightly colored cubes
789) hugs from my student
790) working on the science project with my student–his enthusiasm each day as he discovered which liquid rusted the nail the fastest
791) praying with my supervisor the day before surgery–warm hugs and tears
792) comforting another co-worker who had received difficult news about a family member
793) a class field trip to the “Gem and Mineral Show”–I supervised 5 of the most delightful and inquisitive children in our class
794) sparkly quartz rocks, dazzling amethyst geodes, lapis, TV rocks, copper, and so many beautiful colors which God has placed on rocks and minerals beneath the surface of our earth
795) celebrating a friend’s birthday at a restaurant that was “new” to us.
796) laughter, fun, smiles, special treats
798) shopping after lunch in girly kitchen “toy” stores
799) oldest son taking me to school and picking me up for several days while the car was being repaired
800) oldest offering me comfort on a day in which the anxiety was hard to control~one hand on the steering wheel, the other stroking my back
801) two cars in the repair shop at once
802) a job interview for oldest with a computer company, even though he did not get the job
803) getting pelted with gropple as I dashed from the store to my car~gropple is a mixture of rain and sleet or hail but it is much lighter than hail.. Fun snow days in the desert.
804) Girl Scout cookies to please the whole family~Thin Mints and Samoas
805) a text from youngest
806) a yellow and blue floral print on a Vera Bradley bag shown in an ad. It gave me a cheerful spirit
807) chatting with a bank employee from a branch of the same bank that I once worked for. So many people we knew in common. Another joyful moment of sharing.
808) yummy homemade Valentine’s cake
809) grace and strength to make beef and noodle casserole.
810) friends who continue to support me in prayer
So good to see you on here and read your blog of thanks
I have been thinking a lot about you. So glad to read your list and enjoy all the lovely pictures. I do love to shop in kitchen stores. It’s so fun to see all the gadgets that I want and don’t have.
Praying for you today.
Those flowers have such vibrant beauty. Grateful for your gratitude list!
Oh Janis, I’ve missed you! Was it your birthday you were celebrating? If so, we both are February birthdays. You have such a thankful heart. I love that you are all about relationships. Anxiety can be so challenging to deal with. I have struggled with fear in the past but through many difficulties I’ve learned how trustworthy our God is. He has walked with me every step of the way. I don’t want to miss any of your posts so I’m going to add you to my active blog list which updates when you post a new one. I don’t want to lose you my friend.
Blessings and love,
Janis, I miss you so very much. How wonderful to hear that you are doing all right. I continue to celebrate the fact that God is making His presence known to your heart, despite the “ashes” – I know what that sooty mess feels like!
Thank you for sharing – I miss your voice in Blog Land.
And yes, Thin Mints – I need say nothing more!!