The storm clouds have swirled around me, clung to me, laid damp and dreary against my chest. I had no weather warning that a storm was brewing. All I saw was bright blue sky dappled with feathery light clouds.
How did it arise so quickly? How did I miss the signs? I should have run for shelter sooner, sought the Chief Weatherman’s advice.
Now I’m cloaked in dreariness, looking for the storm to pass. Even just a patch of clearing would give me hope to shed this cloak.
But the dark clouds keep hovering, the lightning flashes like knives to earth, and the thunder roars its angry threats. This storm plans on uprooting the peace and joy I saw reflected only moments ago in sunset’s pastel glow.
While I wait out the storm, I’ll run into the Strong Tower and take shelter under His wings. There I’ll find protection from the storm’s relentless beating and comfort in His soothing words.
While the storm rages, I give thanks to silence the enemy’s clatter.
On Multitude Monday, giving thanks for:
55) an older son who brings comfort
56) faithful friends who lift us up in prayer
57) a neighbor-friend who took time to help me with my guest blog
58) cool spring nights
59) evening walks with Hubby and Chip, the wonder dog
60) the Holy Spirit that seals me in the Father
61) books that teach us how precious relationships are
62) hugs from friends at church
63) the smell and taste of chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven
64) cell phones that keep us in touch with our children
65) a new computer keyboard
“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16 NIV
In what ways are you giving thanks today?