Blustery, cool May days blew across this desert yesterday. Unseasonal for this time of year when temperatures hover in the high 90s. How refreshing for us desert dwellers. A few more days before the 6-month summer highs hit.
Still time to enjoy lavish flowers, spin around on the freshly mowed lawn, bake one more sweet cake, and cuddle on the sofa.
Wrapped in spring’s sweet memories, I give thanks today on Multitude Monday:
11. for cool days to start the month of May
12. for the orange loaf cake, warm from the oven~Mother’s recipe.
13. for fertilizer on a spring lawn
14. for Communion at Church–Your life to us
15. for Christian sisters gathering to make Mother’s Day Baskets for the refugees
16. for a class to improve my writing
17. for my husband’s support, encouragement, and love
18. for all the things my Tom fixed around the house this weekend
19. for our pastor’s teaching yesterday on having a grateful heart–it’s amazing the way You tie things
together in our lives.
20. for meeting a friend’s wide-eyed precious little grandchildren
21. for giving purpose to my life, because without a purpose or vision, we perish
22. for the dishwasher still working
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” James 1:17 NIV
Let us lift our hearts in praise as we remember all the benefits the Father has given us.