“Has everyone practiced their ‘oohs’ and ‘ahs’,” he asked our group, grinning as we settled into cloth or plastic bound chairs. Happy faces smiled and voices chattered up there on the knoll that stared across to the majestic Pusch Ridge Mountains. Anticipation of the show to come sparked a myriad of conversations. People standing in the Wisconsin snow for the world’s best-tasting custard. The most beautiful spot to camp in South Dakota. The snooty RV sites in Arizona.
Conversations drifted on the gentle breeze that cooled the summer evening. Stars poked out their heads and eyes began to look upward. More people and cars squeezed into empty spaces surrounding a few of our church family members.
Darkness claimed the last streak of daylight. My body rolled into the comfort of the chair. The show was mine to enjoy. Tom would take the pictures. Voices hushed as the 9 o’clock hour approached.
With a loud boom, rockets colored tails streaking, shot into the sky. Explosions of the artist’s pallet flared color in round bursts, pointed star-like streaks, white puffs of glittery, fairy dust. We exclaimed our “oohs” and “ahs”. Children cheered. One said, “mama mia”.
The wonder of majestic sparkling lights dazzled my heart with praise. The One who gives us awe for the spectacullary good delights in the joy-filled hearts of His children.
“For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation. Let the saints rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds.” Psalm 149:4&5 NIV
In what way have you seen the Lord delight in you? What impressed you about the Fourth of July Fireworks?
Giving thanks today on Multitude Monday with the Gratitude Community at Ann Voskamp Holy Experience.
76) Watching the spectacular fireworks with some of our church family
77) Breaking bread together in sweet fellowship
78) Getting to know some new faces
79) Homemade chocolate chip cookies–yumm
80) Making time to paint my toenails holiday red and have Hubby help add a stick-on sparkly
81) The car getting fixed
82) The gentleness and love of the Lord heard through women sharing at our Bible Study
83) M&M peanut candies–ooh, ooh, a trend toward sweets
84) Chicken on the grill
86) A Christian hairdresser who not only makes my few strings of hair look beautiful but prays for me and others
87) Neighbors who feel comfortable enough to call and ask to come over and use our pool
88) Friends who pray for you
89) How much fun it is when the guys ask me to go shopping with them for clothes they need. Just to still be needed by them.
90) Lots of comments from bloggers on the Internet Cafe WFW
91) Making and taking the time to exercise.