This past week, we were reading 2 Kings for our Sunday School class. We have been working through the historical books of the Old Testament. And parts of them have been enjoyable while others have created a bit of a struggle for me.
However, this week, miracles were sprinkled all over the readings. God was moving mightily through Elisha and I was glued to the pages of the Bible as if I were reading a Christian novel. The well known account of the widow and her sons who were being pounced on by the creditors caught my attention. For the first time I saw the generosity of God displayed in this passage. When Elisha heard from the widow about her plight, he told her to go and get a lot of jars. “Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don’t ask for just a few.” 2Kings 4:3 NIV
God’s desire is to bless us abundantly. To bless us to overflowing!
Giving thanks in the hard times as well as the good times:
297) for the one day we had cooler weather.
298) for the breeze blowing into the family room
299) for oranges ripening on the tree
300) for chirping birds and barking dog noises coming through the open door
301) for hearing someone practicing the trombone~bringing back sweet memories of childhood when doors and windows were always open and neighbors were part of your life.
302) for the job interview that went well~everything still pending
303) for hubby getting a new job assignment at work that will mean less stress for him yet will change his talents
304) for hubby’s relaxed smile
305) for encouraging notes from friends
306) for Chip, our wonder dog, improving every day
307) for yummy popcorn from Popcornopolis
308) for home-cooked meals
309) for keeping things a little more organized and a clean house
310) for the opportunity to vote this Tuesday and make a difference in our country
“The thief comes in order that he may steal and may kill and may destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance–to the full, till it overflows.” John 10:10 Amplified