With Hubby’s recovery from knee replacement surgery, I’ve discovered an abundance of blessings that I have taken for granted. For example, our dog’s continual exit and entrance of the house was mostly taken care of by Hubby. The table was cleared after dinner by my man. An extra item for dinner was picked up at the grocery store on Hubby’s way home from work. These mundane, small favors all add up a basket brimming with blessings at day’s weary end.
Yes, I’m spoiled or blessed, however you look at it. I like to label it as blessings flowing from above through my better half. For these I thank the Lord.
630) for the magical appearance of an unending supply of toilet paper in the bathrooms
631) for the extra trip down the street to the market for that missing item in the meal preparation
632) for letting “Wonder Dog” in and out of the house innumerable times each evening
633) for cheerfully getting Chip’s treats after each bowlful of food is finished
634) for making sure everyone has drinks at the dinner table
635) for clearing away the serving dishes at the end of the meal
636) for paying the bills
637) for making the midnight run to a mailbox when a bill is due immediately
638) for following up on repairs around the house
639) for picking up prescriptions
640) for running errands
641) for helping with laundry when absolutely necessary
642) for getting gas for the cars
643) for being healthy enough to care for his own needs–a drink of water, medication, a bite to eat, clothes laid out,
Could today be the day to celebrate your husband’s love for you and the special way or mundane way he demonstrate that every day?
“Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: if either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 NIV
May you find your week brimming with blessings.